On Saturday 27th October, national Make A Difference Day, the Trust is aiming to plant 10,000 daffodil bulbs at 10 different sites across the city. The Parks Trust is inviting anyone interested in improving their local parks and green spaces to volunteer for an hour or two to help plant bulbs.
All ages and family groups are welcome but please bring a trowel or spade and come dressed appropriately for gardening, preferably with gloves.
Bulb planting will take place at
- Tattenhoe Park, 10-12am, meet at the cricket pitch, Priory Rise School, Tattenhoe Park
- Campbell Park, 2-4pm, meet at the cricket pavilion, Silbury Boulevard, Campbell Park
- Woolstone Green, 10-12am, meet at the Cross Keys, Woolstone Green
- Ashland, 10-12am, meet at Penhurst Crescent car park, Ashland
- Broughton Gate, 10-12am, meet at Wenford Circus, Wenford, Broughton Gate
- Oxley Park, 2-4pm, meet at Oxley Park Acedemy, Redgrave Drive, Oxley Park
- Kingsmead, 2-4pm, meet Whaddon Road, South of Bridgenorth Drive, Kingsmead
- Monkston Park, 10-12, meet at Green Street, Monkston Park
- Great Holm, 9.30-11.30am, meet at the junction of Highgrove Hill and Watling street (V4) just below the Londis shop.
- Shenley Wood, 2-4pm, meet at Shenley Pavilion car park, Chalkdell Drive, Shenley Wood
For further information or to register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01908 233600