Walk 5: Ouzel Valley and Caldecotte
Length: 5.3 miles
Time: Allow 2 hours 45 minutes
Car parking: Available at Caldecotte Lake, MK7 8HP
The Ouzel Valley Park meanders from Caldecotte Lake in the south to Willen Lake in the north. The park has a spacious, open atmosphere with long views. Much of the land is farmed by The Parks Trust rearing our own cattle and sheep, between the livestock you can still see the remnants of an old field system with the ridge and furrow still visible. Incorporating the historic villages of Woolstone and Woughton, the park is bordered on its western side by the Grand Union Canal.
This walk starts from the parking area at Caldecotte Lake North following along the edge of Simpson village and then alongside the River Ouzel. The route then loops around the small Walton Lake and then back down the Ouzel on the other side of the bank before then heading all the way around Caldecotte lake ending back at the start point.
Discover more routes
- Walk 1: Figure 8 at Willen LakeDifficulty Rating: 2
- Walk 2: Stony StratfordDifficulty Rating: 1
- Walk 3: Great LinfordDifficulty Rating: 1
- Walk 4: Broughton BrookDifficulty Rating: 1
- Walk 5: Ouzel Valley and CaldecotteDifficulty Rating: 3
- Walk 6: Hazeley WoodDifficulty Rating: 3
- Walk 7: Campbell ParkDifficulty Rating: 2
- Walk 8: Howe Park WoodDifficulty Rating: 2