Walk 6: Hazeley Wood
Length: 3.6 miles
Time: Allow 2 hours
Car parking: Available off Dansteed Way, MK8 0PY
Hazeley Wood is situated on the western flank of Milton Keynes, west of Grange Farm. From its origins as a plantation in 1991, it has developed into an established young woodland. There is a small pond at the north-east corner and it has a well established series of natural (unsurfaced) pathways.
This route will take you first down to Shenley Wood then curving through to Oakhill Wood before entering Hazeley Wood from the west side. There are a good variety of tree speicies at Hazeley, be on the lookout for Oak, Silver Birch, Hornbeam, Ash, Hazel, Field Maple, Hawthorn and Blackthorn.
Discover more routes
- Walk 1: Figure 8 at Willen LakeDifficulty Rating: 2
- Walk 2: Stony StratfordDifficulty Rating: 1
- Walk 3: Great LinfordDifficulty Rating: 1
- Walk 4: Broughton BrookDifficulty Rating: 1
- Walk 5: Ouzel Valley and CaldecotteDifficulty Rating: 3
- Walk 7: Campbell ParkDifficulty Rating: 2
- Walk 6: Hazeley WoodDifficulty Rating: 3
- Walk 8: Howe Park WoodDifficulty Rating: 2