Heritage Open Days: Great Linford Heritage Celebration
Great Linford Manor ParkSaturday 16 September (other dates available)
This event is in the past. This page is for information purposes only.
Come along to this celebration event on Saturday 16th September and surround yourself with the history and heritage of Great Linford Manor Park. With plenty on offer such as live music, heritage games, heritage displays, Georgian Dance, storytelling, fresh food plus tours and talks from our knowledgeable team. You can also explore St. Andrew's medieval parish church, discover the history of Christian worship at the church plus a chance to see the medieval floor and do some brass-rubbing. The church will also be open for refreshments.
Main Stage programme with live music from 11am with local band Stray Fox followed by Wolverton Town Band and Wayland Smithy at 2pm.
Talks Tent programmed with our friends at MK LitFest starts at 11.15am with the below line-up:
- 11:15-12:00 Lacemaking in Buckinghamshire
- 12:00-12.30 History of Richard Napier with Philippa Carter
- 13:00-13:45 MK Lit Fest YA panel
- 14:00-14:15 Storytime with Philippa Tipper
- 14:30-15:10 MK Lit Fest - MinK tales
- 15:15-15.30 Storytime with Philippa Tipper
- 16:00-16:15 Storytime with Philippa Tipper
- 16:15-17:00 "The Grand Union Canal: So how come the canal came through Great Linford" with David Wolfson from Electra Community Boat
Take a tour of the site with the Friends of Great Linford Manor Park at 11:15, 12:15, 2:15, and 3:15.
Milton Keynes Arts Centre are also running a programme of events, which can be seen on their website.
Electra will be moored up from 11.45 to 15.15 for people to come and view Electra and find out about cruises and volunteering.
- Fung's Kitchen
- Plant Bass'd
- Wilson's Street Food
- JW Event Cart
- Saf's Kitchen
- Howe & Co. Fish & Chips
This is a free event, but there will be vendors on site with food, drink and other goodies available to purchase.
Parking is available at the Memorial Hall Car Park. Please remember to bring your own picnic blankets/chairs.