Digital Festival of Archaeology 11/07/2020 - 19/07/2020
Digital Festival of Archaeology
Join us to celebrate the Digital Festival of Archaeology 2020!
From the 11th-19th July find out all about the heritage on your doorstep as we delve into the past to explore our historic parks.
- In 2019 the Doric Seat in the park was excavated by Cotswold Archaeology. See them in action! Video: Excavation of the Doric Seat
- See what archaeologists found in the most reason excavation season Blog: What was found in the excavations?
- Step back in time millions of years to when the quarry at Great Linford was formed Blog: Fossils and Ancient Seas at Great Linford
- Check out our National Lottery Heritage Funded LiDAR survey of the park and its comparison with the 1880 OS Map. Note the ridge and furrow fields to the northwest. These are where the parkland area of the park is now, where animals were grazed historically, and are a pattern leftover from medieval ploughing.
- Download our free Archaeology Activity Sheet!
And lots more to come throughout the week!
But did you know we also care for several other archaeological sites in our parks? Click to find out more about:
Watch this space for at-home activities, videos and all things archaeological, going live from 11th July.