CANCELLED: Linford Lakes Nature Reserve Open Day 16th April 16/04/2020 (other dates available)
CANCELLED: Linford Lakes Nature Reserve Open Day 16th April
Searching for activities to do in the Easter School Holidays? Come along to one of our Open Days at our Linford Lakes Nature Reserve and Study Centre in Milton Keynes.
Visiting this permit only site free of charge during our Open Days offers a special chance to take part in a variety of family friendly activities, while taking in beautiful scenery. See how many different species of birds you can identify while peeping out of our bird hides, discover a collection of taxidermy animals to study their fascinating adaptations up close, and try and spot some of the smallest residents of the nature reserve while pond dipping! Activities may vary at each Open Day.
The site, which is at Great Linford, was established as a wildfowl research centre in 1970 following decades of mineral extraction in the area. Previously known as Hanson Environmental Study Centre, The Parks Trust purchased the site in 2015 and it is now known as Linford Lakes Nature Reserve and Study Centre. The site continues to be used as a nature reserve and a base for environmental education. It is widely regarded as the most biodiverse site in Milton Keynes.
No booking required, we hope to see you there!
Other upcoming Open Days
- CANCELLED: Howe Park Wood Open Day Tuesday 7th April07/04/2020Howe Park Wood
- CANCELLED: Howe Park Wood Open Day Friday 10th April10/04/2020Howe Park Wood
- CANCELLED: Linford Lakes Nature Reserve Open Day 9th April09/04/2020Linford Lakes Nature Reserve
- CANCELLED: Howe Park Wood Open Day Tuesday 14th April14/04/2020Howe Park Wood
- CANCELLED: Howe Park Wood Open Day Friday 17th April17/04/2020Howe Park Wood