Walk and Glide Weekend
Canal Broadwalk24/09/2022 - 25/09/2022
Enjoy a 3-mile walk led by a Parks Trust guide, and a cruise on Electra, to complete a circular route. There are 8 events to choose from – pick your route, day and time to get a different view of Milton Keynes.
The Parks Trust is working in partnership with to Milton Keynes Community Boat Electra offer our Walk & Glide Weekend again! A wonderful opportunity to discover more of the hidden delights of Milton Keynes, on foot and on water. Glide quietly one way on Electra, and Walk the other.
A Walk One Way cruise allows you to go further and explore more of Milton Keynes’ wonderful parkland. Enjoy a drink on board too - Electra has small card-only Galley Bar serving hot, cold and alcoholic drinks, plus a few snacks and ice-cream.
Each walk is led by an experienced Parks Trust Walk Leader who will also join you on the boat, sharing what they know about the canalside. All walks are roughly 3 miles long and take about 90 minutes including short stops to look at points of interest or have a snack. Please come dressed appropriately for the weather and with sturdy footwear.
Some paths are unsurfaced and uneven so unfortunately these walks may not be suitable for guests with mobility issues. No wheelchair tickets are available. Tickets are listed as Adult only but may also be bought for accompanied teens aged 12+.
The trip options are listed below (subject to availability at booking)
Saturday 24 September:
- Option 1: 09:00-12.00, Campbell Wharf to Simpson Village return (Glide then Walk)
- Option 2: 11:00-14:00, Simpson Village to Waterhall Park return (Glide then Walk)
- Option 3: 11:30-14.30, Simpson Village to Waterhall Park return (Walk then Glide)
- Option 4: 13:30-16:30, Campbell Wharf to Simpson Village (Walk then Glide)
Sunday 25 September:
- Option 5: 9:00-12:00, Campbell Wharf to Linford Wharf return (Glide then Walk)
- Option 6: 11:00-14:00, Linford Wharf to New Bradwell return (Glide then Walk)
- Option 7: 11:30-14:30, Linford Wharf to New Bradwell return (Walk then Glide)
- Option 8: 13:30-16:30, Campbell Wharf to Linford Wharf return (Walk then Glide)