Assemblies and Rallies
Assemblies are allowed in the parks in Milton Keynes, in order that people might demonstrate their support for social and political causes or other rights and freedoms peacefully.
As with all events and activities in the parks you will need to apply for an event licence. To stage your own event, see the Holding an Event section in our Parks page. Once accepted any event will receive a licence and organisers will need to contact Thames Valley Police and other relevant authorities to inform them about the activity.
For logistical, practical, and ecological reasons, Campbell Park will be the preferred location for rallies and assemblies, however, in certain circumstances permission may be given for those who wish to demonstrate in the other parks if the protest directly relates to an activity within that park.
Assemblies and rallies policy and procedures
We usually approve requests if:
- the date is available / there is no clash with another event
- there is no risk of public disorder
- there is no entertainment involved
- you agree to The Parks Trust’s conditions and those of the relevant authorities
As with all events and activities in the parks there may be a licence fee depending on nature and size; please see our events rate card for scale of fees.
How to apply
To apply to host an event assembly or rally in one of our parks:
- Read the outdoor event organiser’s pack
- Read the current event fee rate card
- Contact the Events Team at The Parks Trust on 01908 233600 or email@example.com to discuss proposed event, date and location.
- The team will then assess your event proposal and send you an application form to complete.