Workshops, Talks and Walks
Discover how to identify trees and fungi, take part in a practical hedgelaying course or get into the festive spirit by making a wreath for Christmas with The Parks Trust’s workshop and talks.
The Parks Trust organises a number of workshops throughout the year for the public to get more involved in the Parks and learn about the natural world. As a unique organisation in a unique city, sessions provide an insight into the work of the Trust and help raise awareness of the countryside just beyond our back doors. Sessions range from bushcraft and wild food cookery to wildlife surveying and identification.
Most of our workshops are interactive and suitable for a wide range of people. However some sessions are age restricted, so please check on the individual sessions before booking.
We now offer a series of talks at Howe Park Wood Education & Visitor Centre and the Linford Lakes Nature Reserve, that cover a variety of topics, including: wading birds, bee keeping, woodland management, bats, and the wildlife of Milton Keynes.
Most of our talks are interactive and suitable for a wide range of people. However, talks are aimed at an older audience. Children 12 and upwards are very welcome, but they must be accompanied by a paying adult. Please check on the individual sessions before booking.
For details of upcoming workshops and talks, and to book and pay, click on the links below or see our 'What's On' page for all listings. Booking is essential as places are limited. Full details about meeting places will be provided at the time of booking. For more information contact The Parks Trust on 01908 233600 or email email@example.com.
- Discover: Beautiful Butterflies14/07/2020Shenley Wood
- Discover: Tree Identification in Winter01/12/2020Ouzel Valley Park
- Introduction to Foraging23/09/2020
- Explore: Magnificent Moths08/08/2020Howe Park Wood
- Introduction to Foraging12/09/2020
- Introduction to Bushcraft: Whittling & Coppicing03/10/2020
- Talk: Our Hedgehog Habitats15/10/2020Howe Park Wood
- Talk: Who are The Parks Trust? - A Uniquely MK Project03/11/2020Howe Park Wood
- Introduction to Bushcraft: Shelter Building & Other Useful Skills09/11/2020Elfield Nature Park
- Talk: Wonderful Wildlife of Tattenhoe02/12/2020Howe Park Wood