What are the differences between a herbivore, carnivore and omnivore?
In the resources we have provided below, you will be able to answer these questions. Learn how animal teeth and beaks are adapted to specific diets, and how all the animals and plants are linked up in the giant food web. The learning objectives are to:
- Learn new words relating to diets of animals
- Discover different animal diets
- Understand that different diets require different teeth/adaptations
- Understand the concept of food chains
Also, there are animal colouring page activities below for students to get creative, as well as learning a quick fact about what they eat. Challenge them further and get them to make a bird cake or a perched bird feeder to feed the birds we have in Milton Keynes.
Explore our other primary school resources
- HibernationEducate students about the animals that hibernate and why and when they do it
- The Birds and The BeesLearn the basics of animal reproduction, including life cycles and growth
- River ExplorersUse our resources to help develop your class’ language and understanding of the features of rivers.
- Plants & TreesLearn all about plant structures, life cycles and identification with our activity ideas and Tree ID guide.