Help further your student’s knowledge about how animals become endangered and the ways we can prevent them from becoming extinct. Get your students involved in discussions around endangered species, as well as looking at the different charities and organisations that help prevent extinction and challenge them to research an endangered species in the UK.
Get started by getting them involved in our ‘Endangered Species (KS2)’ resource, with the aims to learn about:
- Developing scientific language terms, such as "conservation", "endangered" and "extinct"
- Discovering endangered species of the UK
- Exploring conservation opportunities that can be done in school or at home
Follow up this lesson with one of our creative activities, where students can expand their imagination. Colour in a great crested newt or learn how to build a mini pond, there are plenty of options down below for students to interact with.
Documents are suitable for all Primary ages with adaptations listed where necessary.
Explore our other primary resources
- Nocturnal AnimalsDiscover what animals are nocturnal and what advantages they have of being active at night
- HabitatsDiscover a variety of habitat types in the UK and around the world.
- River ExplorersUse our resources to help develop your class’ language and understanding of the features of rivers.
- Wonderful WingsLearn all about different animals that have wings, their structure and uses.