Get students to learn about nocturnal animals with the activities we have provided. Discover what animals are nocturnal and what advantages they have of being active at night. In Milton Keynes, we have several nocturnal animals such as great crested newts, foxes, hedgehogs and badgers.
In the document provided, there are plenty of activities to go through, with the aims to learn about:
- Understanding the different sleep cycles of animals
- Understanding the benefits of being nocturnal
- Learning which animals are nocturnal and how they adapt to their surroundings at night
- Exploring your own senses to see whether you could survive being nocturnal
Additionally, there are other relatable activities to do, such as a bat activity pack, where students will learn everything they need to know about bats! Students will learn about what they like to eat, participate in a quiz to challenge their knowledge, colour in a bat and much more...
Below there a plenty of resources to keep students entertained and fascinated by the creatures we have roaming at night.
Explore our other primary school resources
- Learn about UK OwlsFamiliarise students with the different owl species we have in the UK
- Wonderful WingsLearn all about different animals that have wings, their structure and uses.
- SeasonsDiscover your senses and the changing world around you!
- HibernationEducate students about the animals that hibernate and why and when they do it