Wings are wonderful - explore the resources below to find out why!
Students will discover the different animals that have wings and learn about their structure and uses. Your class will also learn about how wings have influenced our journey into flight (aeronautics). With the knowledge they have learned, students then can create their own wings.
At the end of the activities, the aim is that students will:
- Understand the uses of wings and which animals have them
- Explore how nature has influenced how humans have learned to fly!
- Learn more about the function of wings through creative play
- Discover winged animals in your schools
Below there are several fun activities that students can participate in, such as colouring in a page of a winged animal or building a nest habitat for birds.
Explore our other primary school resources
- Endangered SpeciesHelp further your student’s knowledge about how animals become endangered and the ways we can prevent them from becoming extinct
- The Birds and The BeesLearn the basics of animal reproduction, including life cycles and growth
- Learn about UK OwlsFamiliarise students with the different owl species we have in the UK
- Nocturnal AnimalsDiscover what animals are nocturnal and what advantages they have of being active at night