Teach your toddler some woodworking skills safely. See if they can make a powerful wizard’s wand!
What you will need:
- A vegetable peeler (Y shaped is best for little hands)
- Colourful yarn or pipe cleaners
- Have a wander around for a wand-sized stick - one that will fit nicely into your toddlers hand.
- Help them peel the bark off the bottom 1/3 of the stick with the vegetable peeler. This has become the handle of the wand.
- Decorate by wrapping around bits of yarn or pipe cleaners if you’d like!
- Make sure both you and your toddler have a wand, now you can play a fun version of hide and seek casting spells on one another once you’ve been found!
Don't forget to let us know how you get on via social media on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram @theparkstrust.