No snow? No problem. Make miniature snow figurines with salt clay with your children in this activity inspired by our Tree Tots sessions at Howe Park Wood.
What you will need:
- Salt, water and plain flour to make the salt clay (or playdough)
- Natural decorations for your snowman
- Make the dough by mixing together salt, water, and plain flour (gluten free works as well) in a 1:1:2 ratio. Roll the clay into one larger and one smaller ball.
- Carefully poke a twig into the middle of the larger ball and place the smaller ball on top – the stick makes sure the two are stable. Add any natural decorations like twig arms and stone buttons by simply pushing them into your dough. You can even make a whole village of snow people!
- Allowing them to dry in an airing cupboard for a few days will result in hard toys (the thicker the dough the longer the drying time, roll cylinders rather than spheres for a thinner toy).
Always supervise small children when playing with anything that could be a choking hazard.