Mud pies are the ultimate fun autumn and winter activity. They will teach your child that it’s okay to get a little messy sometimes as it can be a lot of fun!
What you will need:
- Mixing bowls
- Various natural objects like rocks, twigs, leaves
- Bottle filled with water
- Kitchen utensils like mixing spoons, potato mashers, rubber scrapers (Optional)
- Cake tins (Optional)
- Go on a stroll to collect various natural objects to decorate your mud pie. Find a muddy area in your local park and get dirty!
- Once back at home, scoop up handfuls of mud into your mixing bowl. If your mud is quite hard, add some water from your bottle to make it easier to work with.
- When you are happy with the consistency, add some of the things you collected from your walk into your muddy bowl and mix away! You can use your hands or a potato masher to squish the mud about.
- Scrape the mud out of the bowl and into a cake tin or onto the ground. Decorate the top with any extra leaves or sticks and admire your creation!
Don't forget to let us know how you got on via social media on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram @theparkstrust.