The Birds and The Bees (KS1 & KS2)
Learn about animal reproduction in this outdoor learning session!
Ever wondered where babies come from, or which animals lay eggs? Learn all about the “birds and bees” of nature through activities designed to cover the topics of animal classification through birth processes, life cycles, survival and evolution. At the end of the session you’ll discover whether you would survive the dynamic conditions of competition in our game of “survival of the fittest”!
How does this session link to the National Curriculum? (Key Stage 1 & 2)
- Describe and compare the structure of a variety of common animals (fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals, including pets).
- Notice that animals, including humans, have offspring which grow into adults.
- Find out about and describe the basic needs of animals, including humans, for survival (water, food and air).
- Describe the differences in the life cycles of a mammal, an amphibian, an insect and a bird.
- Describe the life process of reproduction in some plants and animals.
If you would like to speak to a member of the Outdoor Learning team, please contact us on 01908 233600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For full terms and conditions please read the School Bookings Terms and Conditions.