Boat Hire Supervisor
- Apply online
- Expiry date:28 February 2020
- Location:Willen Lake
- Salary:£11 per hour
About the role
Boat Hire Supervisor
£11 per hour, casual working (March - October 2020)
Willen Lake, V10 Brickhill Street, Milton Keynes, MK15 0DS
- Ensure that Hire services at Willen Lake create an enjoyable and safe experience for all visitors.
- Help to maintain a high standard of presentation at Willen Lake.
- Take a proactive role in ensuring the Hire Team provide excellent customer service to Willen Lake visitors.
- Managing of the Hire staff team.
- Provide a high profile and visible presence at Willen Lake including weekends, bank holidays and school holidays.
- Provide response to incidents and emergencies in order to enable park users to enjoy Willen Lake safely.
- Liaise with the Duty Manager Team and Reception to ensure safe operation of the Hire services at Willen Lake
- Liaise with Reception staff to ensure correct allocation of equipment and regularly assess supply/demand to ensure an excellent customer experience.
- Assist with Reception cover – especially for lunch breaks.
- Carry out hire safety observations of the Lake and hire equipment checks.
- Ensure that any incidents and accidents are reported to the Senior person on site and that a full account is made using the incident reporting process.
- Ensure equipment is checked prior to use and is in a safe condition to hire.
- Ensure that any defective equipment is reported, requested to be repaired and correctly labelled until safe to use.
- Ensure cash handling procedures are being followed and take control of cashing up at the end of the day.
- Be a responsible key holder.
- Ensure the Hire Team rota meets the needs of the Watersports Centre opening times.
- Help assist other members of staff clean the centre, in all areas.
Experience and skills
- Outgoing, calm and engaging personality
- Self-motivated, organised and confident
- Experience of working with the public e.g. in a customer focused role
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Full clean driving licence
- Excellent communication skills
- First aid qualification
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- Risk assessment experience
Can't see the ideal job? Why not send us your details anyway, so we can keep you in mind in the future?Send us your details