- Location:Campbell Park, Milton Keynes
- Salary:£75,000-£90,000, plus package
The Parks Trust was formed in 1992 and own over 6,000 acres of parks, lakes, woods and landscapes in Milton Keynes. Its mission is to create beautiful and inspirational parks, lakes and landscapes, that will be loved by the people of Milton Keynes, forever. The Trust has a long-term strategy, with the focus on growing their asset base rather than short term profit.
The Trust is entirely self-financing and, apart from occasional grants for specific projects, receives no funding from the local authority or central government. It has investments of around £140m (£100m of commercial property, half of it in MK, and £40m on the stock market), with an annual turnover of circa £10m.
As Finance Director, you will support the Chief Executive and Board in the strategic management of the company, so it can achieve its goals.
The Finance Director will ensure the Trust:
- follows a financial strategy that will lead to long term financial sustainability
- takes initiatives that will contribute towards its commercial success
- has strong financial controls and processes that result in sound financial and commercial management
- has the IT, offices and other facilities that enable it to operate efficiently and effectively
- has exemplary HR and Health and Safety functions
- maintains a strong reputation for being commercially astute, efficient, reliable and innovative
- continues to be a great place to work
The successful applicant will be a Qualified Accountant, with at least five year's experience within a senior finance leadership position.
The Finance Director will possess:
- good interpersonal skills
- excellent financial modelling and analytical skills
- an accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
ideally experience of-:
- commercial property management
- managing stock market investments
- bank borrowing against a property portfolio
- accounting for partial VAT recovery
- charity accounting and charity governance
- developing and managing an organisational IT strategy
- responsibility for HR and Health & Safety
If you’d like to learn more or be considered for this exciting position, please send your application, with CV and cover note, to Sam Hagger at Badenoch & Clark (email@example.com)
Badenoch & Clark are the exclusively retained recruitment partner for The Milton Keynes Parks Trust. Any third-party applications will be deemed the property of Badenoch & Clark, and details from other sources will be forwarded for their inclusion in the search process.
Can't see the ideal job? Why not send us your details anyway, so we can keep you in mind in the future?Send us your details