- Apply online
- Expiry date:10 February 2020
- Location:Willen Lake
- Salary:Up to £9.30 per hour
About the role
Up to £9.30 per hour, casual working (March - October 2020)
Willen Lake, V10 Brickhill Street, Milton Keynes, MK15 0DS
- Ensure that visitors to Willen Lake have an enjoyable and safe experience
- Help to maintain a high standard of presentation at Willen Lake
- Provide a high profile and visible presence at Willen Lake including weekends, bank holidays and school holidays.
- Provide response to incidents and emergencies in order to enable park users to enjoy Willen Lake safely.
- Ensure that equipment and facilities are maintained to a high standard.
- Carry out planned and reactive litter cleansing along the west bank of Willen Lake
- Regularly patrol Willen Lake and ensure that litter is not allowed to accumulate in the park or bins and that any graffiti is swiftly removed.
- Assist with the safe usage and management of the car parks at Willen Lake
- Ensure that any anti social or unsafe behaviour is addressed compiling reports and keep records detailing incidents of misuse and damage.
- Assist the Ranger / Duty Manager with logistics for events and corporate activities including monitoring licensees, ensuring that licencing conditions are upheld and any issues associated with third party events are recorded.
- Assist with storing and maintaining activity equipment.
- Ensure visitor facilities are kept clean to a high standard
- Help to ensure that the Trust’s Health and Safety obligations regarding site issues are fulfilled.
- Help ensure that incidents, damage, fly tipping and other problems reported by the public and others, are recorded and dealt with as appropriate.
- Assist in carrying out checks of the Park’s facilities, liaising with management and third parties, as appropriate, with the aim of resolving problems.
Experience and skills
- Outgoing, calm and engaging personality
- Self-motivated, organised and confident
- Experience of working with the public e.g. in a customer focused role
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding and appreciation of the parks and natural environment in Milton Keynes
- First aid qualification
- Risk assessment experience
- Knowledge/experience of the countryside/landscape management and related issues
- This job description represents the usual duties and requirements of the position, however, the job holder may be required to carry out other duties in line with their capability, training and level of authority.
- The company reserves the right to change the job description in consultation with the post holder.
- The job description does not form part of the Contract of Employment
Can't see the ideal job? Why not send us your details anyway, so we can keep you in mind in the future?Send us your details