- Apply online
- Expiry date:18 February 2019
- Location:Milton Keynes
- Salary:£32000+ per annum (dependent on experience)
POSITION PR and Marketing Manager
REPORTING TO Head of Marketing, Events and Community Engagement
LOCATION Campbell Park Pavilion, Central Milton Keynes
- To increase usage of the parks, attendance at events and profitability of The Parks Trust’s commercial activities.
- To increase awareness and improve the understanding and reputation of the Trust.
- To provide communications and marketing support across the organisation to help our teams communicate clearly and effectively with the public, customers and stakeholders.
- To manage a range of marketing activities and campaigns for all areas of the organisation.
- To manage reactive and proactive PR for the Trust. To support the Head of Marketing, Events and Community Engagement to develop and deliver a comprehensive marketing strategy.
- To support the General Manager of Willen Lake with marketing advice and assistance.
- To manage all marketing and advertising activities. This will include; commissioning the production of marketing collateral, proposing media activity and spend, writing copy for all channels including websites and developing campaigns to promote the parks, the Trust or specific topics
- Manage day to day relationships with external agencies and media partners.
- Build a rapport with local media and with journalists operating nationally within the charity and environmental field and look for specialist and national press opportunities. Implement initiatives and campaigns to drive up visitor numbers, awareness and understanding of the parks and the Trust’s work and attendance of events.
- Monitor and report on the Trust’s reputation and the effectiveness of all marketing and communications initiatives.
- Ensure that all printed material, adverts, signs and PR are in line with our corporate identity guidelines.
- Work with the Digital Marketing Manager to ensure that on-line channels are properly integrated and coherent with all other communications work.
- Provide cover for the Digital Marketing Manager when needed.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- A proven track record in handling external and internal communications and marketing with specific experience in PR, events, campaigns, copy writing and advertising. Experience of working with agencies and the production of collateral.
- Experience of developing and managing the reputation of a brand, a company or third sector organisation.
- Degree level qualification in a relevant discipline and relevant professional qualifications desirable.
SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Creative flair and imagination with lots of innovative ideas to help us reach more people with our messages.
- A strong sense of personal responsibility and a can do attitude.
- Excellent proof reading and written communication skills.
- Credible, confident, persuasive and articulate.
- An eye for good quality design and layout.
- Able to think strategically and deliver project goals.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build strong mutually supportive relationships. Able to work well in multidiscipline/ cross-functional teams.
- A thorough understanding of the principles of effective internal and external communications, publicity, advertising and community relations
- Good at managing workload, prioritising multiple deadlines and being able to proactively manage other stakeholders.
- A passion for the outdoors, parks and the environment.
- A commercial, results-driven approach with a natural instinct to evaluate all communications activity and constantly seek to make improvements.
- Excellent IT skills are essential.
- Desirable –experience of using photoshop and illustrator. CMS management and use of social media platforms.
This job description represents the usual duties and requirements of the position, however, the job holder may be required to carry out other duties in line with their capability, training and level of authority. The company reserves the right to change the job description in consultation with the post holder. The job description does not form part of the Contract of Employment.
Can't see the ideal job? Why not send us your details anyway, so we can keep you in mind in the future?Send us your details