Trainee Watersports Instructor
- Apply online
- Expiry date:28 February 2020
- Location:Willen Lake
- Salary:Up to £10 per hour (once qualified)
About the role
Trainee Watersports and Activity Instructor
Under 18 - starting £7.50, rising to £8.00 once qualified.
18 and over - starting £9.30, raising to £10.00 once qualified.
Willen Lake, V10 Brickhill Street, Milton Keynes, MK15 0DS
This role will require successful applicants to complete an enhanced DBS check.
As part of this role, we will fund your training to become a qualified sailing and/or paddlesports instructor.
- To help in the organisation and delivery of day to day running of the Watersports Centre.
- To help in the maintenance of equipment and be required to carry out any duties expected of an Instructor.
- To deliver high quality sessions to participants.
- To plan and run sessions in line with Centre operating procedures.
- To be responsible for the safety of all activity participants and ensure best practices and training is followed.
- To deal with, as appropriate, any safety hazards and report to the Senior Management Team at the earliest opportunity.
- To administer first aid or to ensure that first aid/medical assistance is called at the earliest opportunity should an incident occur.
- To instruct groups of all ages in a range of activities, for which you are qualified.
- To be responsible for the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults whilst on-site leading activities.
- To assist with equipment maintenance and ensure it is stored to suitable standards to carry out safe and effective operation.
- To assist with records are filled out correctly as required.
- To ensure certified courses are delivered in line with NGB requirements.
- To be aware that the Centre represents the public face of The Parks Trust and to conduct all activities in a manner which promotes and enhances our image and reputation.
- To undertake any other compatible duties as required.
- To promote equality and ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with our Equal Opportunities Policy.
- To adhere to the Centre cleaning processes.
- To assist on the operation of hire as required
Experience and skills
- Outgoing, calm and engaging personality
- Self-motivated, organised and confident
- Experience of working with the public e.g. in a customer focused role
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
None - we will fund your training to become a sailing and/or paddlesports instructor.
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- First Aid Qualification
- SUP Instructor
- BDA Dragonboat Helm
- RYA Intermediate Windsurfing Instructor
- Driving License
- Safeguarding Certificate
- Current DBS
This job description represents the usual duties and requirements of the position, however, the job holder may be required to carry out other duties in line with their capability, training and level of authority. The company reserves the right to change the job description in consultation with the post holder. The job description does not form part of the Contract of Employment.
Can't see the ideal job? Why not send us your details anyway, so we can keep you in mind in the future?Send us your details