Leda and the Swan
Leda and the Swan by Michael Morse McDonald (1992)
This piece was gifted by the artist to The Parks Trust in 1992. Carved from granite, Willen Lake was chosen as an ideal location due to the proximity of the lake and the number of swans that grace the grounds and lakeside.
*Lead and the Swan is currently in storage due to development works at Willen Lake, work is being to done to relocate at another site on Willen Lake.
- Public Art in our ParksNearly 30 pieces of public art call our parks home
- Campbell Park ArtCampbell Park is our central city art park with 11 art pieces
- Willen LabyrinthLandscape architecture can be found at Willen Lake North
- Peace PagodaThe first of its kind in the Western hemisphere
- Souls in LoveWhite marble sculpture by Frederic Chevarin
- Hiroshima DepartedBy Ronald Rae, this is piece is carved from granite in memory of those who died at Hiroshima
- Medicine WheelConsisting of two concentric circles of stone this feature uses the 'Midsummer Line' which follows the Midsummer sunrise