Sprouts and Seeds: The Tiny Seed
Sprouts and Seeds is an interactive 1 hour session based on the popular book The Tiny Seed by Eric Carle.
Walking the children through the story they will learn about different seeds, get a chance to grow their own seed to take back to school with them, navigate an obstacle course while learning to respect plants, learn the parts of a flower and explore seed dispersal.
How does this session link to the National Curriculum? (EYFS)
- To listen to a group story
- To begin to understand how plants grow and what their needs are
- Understand why flowers are important and what makes up a flower
- Learn to respect the natural world
- To explore how plants move
Download the session plan here.