About Furzton Lake
Furzton Lake in Milton Keynes boasts scenic open views making it a popular choice for joggers, cyclists and walkers. The lake was created to act as a basin for floodwaters during rainy spells and has matured into a peaceful oasis for local residents and wildlife to enjoy.
The Italian Sul Lago café and restaurant is now open and offers breakfast, lunch and dinner options as well as coffee and cakes.
There are public toilets available during The Italian Sul Lago's opening hours which can be accessed from the outside of their building, including an accessible toilet.
- Dinosaur Valley MK offers an exciting dinosaur-themed 12-hole adventure golf course. This is suitable for smaller mobility scooters and wheelchairs.
- A Model Boat Club operates from Furzton, using the bays on the Lynmouth Crescent side of the lake.
- Fishing at the lake is managed by Milton Keynes Angling Association.
- Korfball is played on Thursday nights in the summer.
Free parking is available at:
- Car park off V4 Watling St opposite the National Bowl.
- Lynmouth Crescent between Swimbridge Lane and Pinkworthy.
Alternative parking is available at:
- Shirwell Crescent, car parking charges apply after 2 hours. We have introduced charges in this area to protect parking spaces for genuine park users. This car park has a height barrier of 1.9m. EV charging is also available.
Bus stops do not have post codes. Therefore, it is better to use What 3 Words to locate them.
- The 30 and 31 buses stop on the V4 at The Bowl Roundabout South bus stop (What 3 Words: lilac.powder.plenty) and the Bowl Roundabout North bus stop (What 3 Words: vent.perusing.investors).
- The number 7 bus stops on Loxbeare Drive at the western tip of the lake. This is a request stop at What 3 Words: upstarts.limo.belong.
Suggested drop-off and pick-up locations. Our parks do not have postcodes. Therefore, sometimes you need to supply a landmark to your driver. You could use:
- The Hungry Horse pub (this will drop you on the northern edge of the park).
- The Italian Sul Lago (this will drop you at the V4 car park on the eastern edge of the park).
There are good all-weather paths around the lake, however there are some very steep gradients near the outflow close to the V4 car park. Please check on-site park maps for more detailed route information.
Volunteers help The Parks Trust clear the islands of scrub and bramble, to provide a better habitat for ground nesting birds. The lake also has a large population of geese and other waterfowl.
Find out more about Furzton Lake:
Facilities at Furzton Lake
Electric Car Charging