Concrete Cows by Liz Leyh & Bill Billings (1978)
Icons of the new city, there are actually two sets of Concrete Cows. The set who call Bancroft Park home are the replica second set created by Bill Billings due to the original set, created by artist Liz Leyh with the community for the Milton Keynes Development Corporation, being quite delicate. The original herd can be found in their new home at MK Museum in Wolverton.
Like the Triceratops created by Bill Billings at Peartree Bridge, the Concrete Cows are created from concrete and chicken wire.
- Campbell Park ArtCampbell Park is our central city art park with 11 art pieces
- Ashland SnakeWooden sculpture by Chris Drury
- TriceratopsCreated from concrete and chicken wire, by community artist Bill Billings
- Silhouetted PortalsSculpture by Susan Hitching
- Pass the ParcelEnglish Oak Sculpture by Walter Jack
- Gyosei Art TrailArt trail along part of the Grand Union Canal
- Frog BandSculptures at Howe Park Wood by Emmanuel Changunda and Obedier Madziva
- Triple Star HeadStainless Steel Sculpture at Furzton Lake by Paul Neagu
- Linford Wood CarvingsCarvings are often out of old tree stumps of woodland animals and plants
- R3evolutionCorten steel sculpture at Lodge Lake