Willen Labyrinth by Neil Higson (1988)
Another piece of landscape architecture, Willen Labyrinth is a turf maze based on an enlarged version of the Saffron Walden Rosicrucian Maze. At its centre is an oak tree and in each of the four lobes is a bronze face designed by sculptor Tim Minett. The maze unifies the faces in peace and places them in the context of dominant nature, symbolised by the oak tree.
The four bronze faces located in each lobe of the Labyrinth.
- Public Art in our ParksNearly 30 pieces of public art call our parks home
- Campbell Park ArtCampbell Park is our central city art park with 11 art pieces
- Peace PagodaThe first of its kind in the Western hemisphere
- Souls in LoveWhite marble sculpture by Frederic Chevarin
- Medicine WheelConsisting of two concentric circles of stone this feature uses the 'Midsummer Line' which follows the Midsummer sunrise