R3EVOLUTION by Sara Myers (2018)
R3EVOLUTION, by Sara Myers, is a striking sculpture made from Corten steel, which will change colour as time and seasons pass, located on the island in Lodge Lake, near the Bradwell Road car park off Dansteed Way the sculpture can be viewed from the Redway.
The piece depicts a lake scene, with fish and other wildlife featured. R3EVOLUTION offers a synthesis of nature and technology, thanks to the powerful combination of its industrial, urban material and natural, wildlife theme.
Loughton and Great Holm Parish Council commissioned Sara, a local artist, to celebrate 50 years of Milton Keynes. She was inspired to create a work that reflects the way the natural parkland and spaces of the city harmonise with modern urban living. R3EVOLUTION celebrates the diversity of life through the wildlife depicted that are in Lodge Lake and was installed in October 2018.
- Campbell Park ArtCampbell Park is our central city art park with 11 art pieces
- Public Art at Newlands and Willen LakePublic Art pieces and landscape architecture can be found at Newlands and Willen Lake
- Frog BandSculptures at Howe Park Wood by Emmanuel Changunda and Obedier Madziva
- Concrete CowsIconic public art by Liz Leyh & Bill Billings
- Gyosei Art TrailArt trail along part of the Grand Union Canal
- Silhouetted PortalsSculpture by Susan Hitching
- TriceratopsCreated from concrete and chicken wire, by community artist Bill Billings
- Triple Star HeadStainless Steel Sculpture at Furzton Lake by Paul Neagu