How To Make A Bird Feeder
Watch the video above to find out how to make your own bird feeder or follow the simple steps below.
What you will need:
- Tub (to do your mixing in)
- Bird seed mix (available at most large supermarkets)
- Plant pot or yogurt pot
- Fat e.g. lard, Trex or coconut oil
How to make your bird feeder:
- Make a hole in the bottom of your pot using the scissors.
- Cut a piece of string to hang your bird feeder and tie a knot on the end or in a bow.
- Thread the string through the hole in the pot. Not pulling the whole way through.
- Get your mixing tub and pour in enough bird seed to fill your pot.
- Add a 2 tablespoons of fat to the seeds.
- Mix to coat the seeds in the fat.
- Add the mixture to your pot and press down so everything sticks together.
- Place in the fridge overnight to harden.
- Once hardened push the feeder out of the pot and hang up.
Share your creations with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram @theparkstrust.