Secondary School Awards
We have created The Parks Trust Secondary School Awards to recognise the work that Milton Keynes' Secondary Schools are doing to care for and protect the local environment.
- This is a student-driven project and involves minimal workload for school staff
- Students show us what projects they have done with little paperwork and form filling
- Awards can recognise the work of a group of students, an entire year group or the whole school
There is no specific task that your school has to do as long as your students can demonstrate to our satisfaction that they are taking part in projects to help their local environment. This could include but is not limited to:
- Creating or maintaining wildlife areas
- Taking part in regular wildlife surveys
- Eco buildings e.g. Eco brick greenhouse
- Wildflower planting
- An off-timetable event or scheme of work with a specific focus on the local environment
How will your school benefit?
This scheme will provide:
- An opportunity for students to connect with nature
- Certification for the school, year group or group of students
- Social media shout-out and listed on our website as an awarded school
- An assembly about The Parks Trust with the presentation of the award
- The Bronze Award gives schools a chance to win a session in one of the parks for up to 15 students
- The Silver Award gives schools a chance to win a session for up to 30 students and a set of litter pickers or outdoor learning equipment for the school
- The Gold Award gives schools a session in a park for up to 30 students
- The Exceptional Contribution Award gives schools a session in a park for up to 30 students and a set of litter pickers or outdoor learning equipment for the school
- A focus for student groups such as student mentors, challenging groups, high potential students
- A chance to make a positive change and make links with the wider community
How do schools get involved?
- Register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or filling in the form on the award page so we know you are working towards an award and we have a point of contact.
- Get started on your Bronze award project and we will be in touch to arrange a time for your students to show us what they have achieved.
There are three levels of award: Bronze, Silver, Gold. The levels reflect the time commitment a school has given to the scheme.
We also have an 'Exceptional Contribution Award' that can be given at any stage, but is only awarded on rare occasions when schools or groups have gone above and beyond. Please see the awards below for more information.