Play Area and Outdoor Gym Equipment Guidance
In accordance with Government guidelines, we are reopening the play areas and outdoor gym equipment we manage across the parks from 4th July with new restrictions and guidance in place.
There will be temporary posters added around all our play areas and outdoor gym equipment from Saturday 4th July whilst we create more permanent signage to make all the restrictions as clear as possible to visitors. Please ensure both yourself and any children in your care are abiding by the below guidance to reduce the risk of spreading Coronavirus.
The restrictions and guidance are:
- All play areas and outdoor equipment should be used at your own risk. Please supervise children and others in your care.
- Research has found that Coronavirus can survive for several days on hard surfaces. However the risk is generally reduced (but not removed) as surfaces are exposed to UV light & rain.
- Follow the government’s social distancing guidelines and do not use the equipment if this cannot be maintained. In particular be aware of pieces of equipment where others may also be using them.
- Please remember to bring your own hand sanitiser with you and to sanitise your hands before and after using the equipment. Pay particular attention to ensure children remember to do this.
- Remember not to touch your face and to cough and sneeze into a tissue or arm.
- Refrain from consumption of food or drink on equipment or in playground areas.
- As always, remember to dispose of all litter, including any protective wear and take your litter home if no bin provided.
- If you or anyone in your household are showing any symptoms of Coronavirus, please do not use the equipment and follow the Government's advice to self-isolate.
Please note not all play areas and outdoor gym equipment in Milton Keynes’ parkland are owned by The Parks Trust, there are many pieces of equipment owned by Milton Keynes Council. We own and manage equipment in the following areas:
- Willen Lake
- Monkston Park
- Howe Park Wood
- Kingsmead Hayton Way
- Oxley Park
- Stanton Low
- Lodge Lake
- Emerson Valley
Thank you for your cooperation in adhering to these guidelines. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.