As the demand for Earth's finite resources increases and planetary boundaries are exceeded, it is more important than ever to encourage sustainable thought and action in our young people. Here you will find a range of resources to help you encourage a passion for protecting the planet in your students, including through exploration, presentations and activities such as recycling.
We have also provided resources for you to carry out your own "BioBlitz" wildlife recording activity in your school grounds including guidance on how to observe wildlife, a recording sheet and a summary activity.
Students participating in our Sustainability activities will aim to:
- Develop their language around sustainability topics
- Learn how to monitor wildlife in their local area and carry out an identification task
- Further their understanding of recycling options and take part in a composting task
- Learn more about the source of products they find in their classroom and homes
- Use recycled items creatively
- Encourage positive change in their school and home environment
Did you know we also offer an Environmental Heroes outdoor learning session in our parks? Click here to find out more!
Bug Hunting ChallengeCan your students identify common insects and other minibeasts?
Citizen Science ProjectsFind out about the challenges you can set your class.
Create a mini bug hotelChallenge your students to create a habitat for minibeasts.
Make a Mini PondMake your own wildlife pond for your back garden.
Seed ParcelsLearn how to make seed parcels.
Tree ID ActivityLearn to ID trees