What's On in Your Parks
Organised by the Parks Trust
- Activity WeekVarious DatesA fun-filled multi-activity week in the school holidays, focussing on trying out a range of activities, meeting new people and having lots of fun! Throughout the week participants will try different activities including sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding, raft building, archery, katakanus, and a range of fun games, all of which makes an ideal introduction to watersports
- Adult Paddleboarding ClubVarious DatesDo you want to try something new one evening a week? Do you want to get involved in Stand Up Paddleboarding? Do you want to meet new friends and discover a new activity? Sign up for our Adult Paddleboarding Club and you will tick all of those boxes! We will work to teach new skills and develop your skills to be efficient in paddling
- Big Doggie Do25/05/2019 - 26/05/2019Back for 2019, our ever-popular dog fiesta - the Big Doggie Do! Two days of dogs shows, stalls and entertainment. This year’s event will feature exciting areas like K9 Aqua Sport and have-a-go-agility. This free event welcomes all four-legged friends and their owners from 12pm until 5pm each day at Willen Lake South.
- May Day04/05/2019Dance around the maypole and celebrate May Day with The Parks Trust. Fun for all the family with traditional May Day celebrations, children's entertainment, stalls and rides.
- Parkland Explorers - Foraging walk16/09/2019Parkland Explorers: Foraging this Autumn! Discover what Milton Keynes parklands has to offer when foraging in your local nature reserve – you’ll learn how to identify wild plants, berries and nuts as well as considering how to forage safely
- Parkland Explorers - Freshwater Investigation29/05/2019Want to get involved with our Parkland Explorers session? The fresh water investigation session is a great opportunity to explore local ponds within our parkland and identify the plants and creatures living within the waters
- Pushchairs in the Park - Furzton LakeVarious DatesLooking after your new baby can be a very busy time leaving exercise at the bottom of your list of things to do. Come along and discover some wonderful walks in Milton Keynes parkland, enjoy the fresh air, and meet new friends.
Other events in our parks
- African Diaspora Day20/07/2019Global Outreach Foundation in conjunction with local African Community groups in Milton Keynes are delighted to announce this year’s event which will take place on the 20th July at Campbell Park, Milton Keynes.
- Circus Zyair13/03/2019 - 19/03/2019Circus Zyair is proud to present a colourful and action packed hour and a half show with high energy acts from all over the world. The 2019 tour is a dazzling combination of circus, music and laughter. With a heated big top, comfy seating and an electric atmosphere from start to finish Circus Zyair promises to be a truly magical experience for the whole family.
- Inland Waterways Associations Spring Canal Clean-up05/04/2019 - 06/04/2019This twice-yearly event is organised by IWA Milton Keynes Branch, sponsored by Wyvern Shipping Co Ltd and supported by Canal & River Trust and The Parks Trust. Everyone is welcome whether by boat or on foot. You can litter-pick from the towpath and hedges, or work aboard a boat to retrieve items from the canal or opposite bank. Hi-vis jackets, gloves and hard hats etc. are provided, but please bring your own safety footwear (steel-capped boots mandatory on workboats).
- MK Playday07/08/2019MK Playday is back! Join the biggest day of play with MK Play Partnership. Experience the different zones, join in with activities and games and enjoy the main stage entertainment.
- Pretty Muddy 5k Run07/09/2019Race for Life Pretty Muddy is a brilliant 5k muddy obstacle course. Scramble over the A-frame. Crawl through the mud pit. Have fun with your friends. And raise valuable funds for BEATING CANCER.
- Summer Screens Open Air Cinema22/08/2019 - 25/08/2019Cult Screens is not just about the film, they have fantastic food and drink options as well, including craft beers from independent breweries, superb wines, cocktails, fresh popcorn and fantastic food.