What's On in Your Parks
Organised by the Parks Trust
- Activity WeekVarious DatesA fun-filled multi-activity week in the school holidays, focussing on trying out a range of activities, meeting new people and having lots of fun! Throughout the week participants will try different activities including sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding, raft building, archery, katakanus, and a range of fun games, all of which makes an ideal introduction to watersports
- Adult Paddleboarding ClubVarious DatesDo you want to try something new one evening a week? Do you want to get involved in Stand Up Paddleboarding? Do you want to meet new friends and discover a new activity? Sign up for our Adult Paddleboarding Club and you will tick all of those boxes! We will work to teach new skills and develop your skills to be efficient in paddling
- Linford Lakes Nature Reserve Open Day25/07/2019Come and explore the wildlife of Linford Lakes, the best kept secret in Milton Keynes. Activities will range, but may include: bug hunting, pond dipping, bird watching, and our Wildlife Detective Trail and Challenges. All activities are completely free and suitable for all ages. This event is being run by the Parks Trust and the Friends of Linford Lakes Nature Reserve.
- MK Playday07/08/2019MK Playday is back! Join the biggest day of play with MK Play Partnership. Experience the different zones, join in with activities and games and enjoy the main stage entertainment.
- Nature Day06/07/2019Join us, Milton Keynes Natural History Society and your local Wildlife Trust for a day dedicated to discovering nature. The day will feature guided walks, talks, stalls, bug hunting and trails for children.
- Howe Park Wood Education Centre Open Day23/07/2019 - 26/08/2019Free Open Days at Howe Park Wood Education Centre Come and explore the wildlife of Howe Park Wood, take part in our Wildlife Detective Challenge and learn how to identify the tracks and trails left by nature. Open Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays 10.30-2.30 during the Summer Holiday.
- Parkland Explorers - Foraging walk16/09/2019Parkland Explorers: Foraging this Autumn! Discover what Milton Keynes parklands has to offer when foraging in your local nature reserve – you’ll learn how to identify wild plants, berries and nuts as well as considering how to forage safely
- Pushchairs in the Park - Lodge LakeVarious DatesLooking after your new baby can be a very busy time leaving exercise at the bottom of your list of things to do. Come along and discover some wonderful walks in Milton Keynes parkland, enjoy the fresh air, and meet new friends.
Other events in our parks
- African Diaspora Day20/07/2019Global Outreach Foundation in conjunction with local African Community groups in Milton Keynes are delighted to announce this year’s event which will take place on the 20th July at Campbell Park, Milton Keynes.
- Art at the Lake Festival29/06/2019 - 30/06/2019Milton Keynes Islamic Arts Culture and Heritage MKIAC are bringing the biggest multicultural free two day festival “Art at The Lake” to Willen Lake Milton Keynes on Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th June.
- Pretty Muddy 5k Run07/09/2019Race for Life Pretty Muddy is a brilliant 5k muddy obstacle course. Scramble over the A-frame. Crawl through the mud pit. Have fun with your friends. And raise valuable funds for BEATING CANCER.
- Summer Screens Open Air Cinema22/08/2019 - 25/08/2019Cult Screens is not just about the film, they have fantastic food and drink options as well, including craft beers from independent breweries, superb wines, cocktails, fresh popcorn and fantastic food.
- Wildlife Action02/07/2019Join intu Green Gym to discover a range of exciting activities and learn how you can help local wildlife. Activities suitable for all abilities, no experience needed. Hot drinks and snacks available during the mid-way break.