Where: Caldecotte Lake (behind the Windmill pub) & Furzton Lake
Several 10km, marathons and races through the year, see www.enigmarunning.co.uk for details.
- Did you know we have a Petanque pit?Petanque...
Did you know we have a Petanque pit?
- Did you know we have a Trials Bike Track?Mount Farm Trials Park...
- Did you know we have a club at our BMX track who host training and events throughout the year?BMX Track...
- Did you know we have nearly 30 pieces of Public Art across our parks?Public Art in our Parks...
- Did you know we have 4 Trim Trails across our parks?Trim Trails...
- Did you know we have licensed fitness instructors who operate in our parks?Fitness...
- Did you know you can go fishing in some of our lakes if you join the Angling Association?Click here for more information!...
- Did you know we have upgraded the Fitness Trail around Willen Lake South?Click here to find out more......
The new calisthenics equipment is designed to utilise the users own weight to maximise their workout, using angles and height to vary the intensity of the workout.
- Fitness Groups & Clubs make up 72% of events & activities held in our parks
Discover our parks
- Caldecotte Lake
Planning an outdoor adventure in Milton Keynes? Explore the beautiful location of Caldecotte Lake. Whether its watersports, birdwatching or children’s activities, you’re sure to have a great family day out, with lots of space for little ones to run around, plus some tranquil corners to relax as well.
The Caldecotte Pub & Grill is open for meals, snacks and hot and cold drinks.
- Furzton Lake
Furzton Lake’s open views make it a popular choice for joggers, cyclists and walkers. Created to act as a basin for floodwaters during rainy spells, the lake has matured into an easily accessible and peaceful oasis for local residents, office workers and wildlife.
The Furzton Lake Hotel is open for meals, snacks and hot and cold drinks.
- Teardrop Lakes
Part of the Loughton Valley Park, the four Teardrop Lakes are also a destination in their own right, providing fishing waters and a peaceful escape for those working in nearby offices.
There are no refreshment facilities at the Teardrop Lakes. The nearest shops are at Shenley Lodge and Shenley Church End local centres.
- Ouzel Valley Park
The Ouzel Valley Park meanders from Caldecotte Lake in the south to Willen Lake in the north. The park has a spacious, open atmosphere with long views. Much of the land is farmed by The Parks Trust rearing our own cattle and sheep, between the livestock you can still see the remnants of an old field system with the ridge and furrow still visible. Incorporating the historic villages of Woolstone and Woughton, the park is bordered on its western side by the Grand Union Canal.
There is the Ye Olde Swan pub at Woughton on the Green and a further two pubs - the Barge and the Cross Keys – that are located on Newport Road in Woolstone village.
- Campbell Park
Located at the heart of Milton Keynes, Campbell Park hosts many of Milton Keynes’ major festivals and events. Its imaginative mix of formal gardens, water features, woodland and open pasture mean it’s an ideal spot to enjoy the changing seasons.
There are no refreshment facilities in Campbell Park other than during special events. However, there are a wealth of cafes, bars and restaurants in the nearby city centre, theatre district and Xscape centre.
- Willen Lake South
Willen Lake is Milton Keynes’ most popular park. Visitors take part in watersports activities, go cycling, enjoy the playground, try the high ropes course or simply picnic along Willen’s shores. It’s a great place to entertain all ages of family and friends, whether it’s a visit to the café or restaurant, a stroll, trying a beginners’ course in sailing or hiring a pedalo or bike.
The one4six café and The Lakeside Pub operated by Fayre and Square.
- For information and routes for walking, cycling, bus and train trips in MK use the transport planner
- Could you be a Parks and Run volunteer leader?