Activities for Children's and Youth Groups
Whether you're a playgroup, an after-school club, a youth group or a Brownies, Rainbows, Cubs or Beaver pack, we can offer you a variety of day and evening activities in our parks. Some of the activities we can provide include:
- Bug hunting (Mar-Oct)
- Bat walks (Sept-Oct)
- Shelter building (Year round)
- Orienteering (Year round, dependent on light)
- Seasonal guided walks (Year round)
- Nocturnal animal adaptations (evenings only, after sunset)
- Pond dipping (Apr-Oct). Please note we cannot offer these until further notice
Our sessions are held on your local Parks Trust land, eliminating the hassle and cost of transport, whilst introducing children to what is in their local area. The parks in the Trust’s care include ancient woodlands, SSSI sites, balancing lakes and linear river parks. We can also run sessions from our two education centres at Howe Park Wood and Linford Lakes Nature Reserve. Please note that the sessions are subsidised by the charity, The Parks Trust, and are exclusively for the people of Milton Keynes.
Charges for these sessions are £45 for up to 15 children and £2.50 for every additional child. Please note that bat walks are very popular and we only have limited bookings for these.