Milton Keynes has miles of bridleways to enjoy from the saddle. We have a unique resource of surfaced bridleways, largely off road, which can be safely ridden at any time of year.
We advise the wearing of high visibility clothing when riding our horse trails and bridleways.
The Parks Trust offers some car parks which are horse box and trailer friendly, please see below:
- Great Linford Manor Park
- Campbell Park
- Howe Park Wood
- Bradwell Abbey
- North Loughton Valley Park
Thanks to Nikki Parsler and Celia Przyrembel for helping with route maps.
You can follow our pre-planned routes, starting from designated horse box and trailer friendly car parks owned by The Parks Trust on the downloadable links below.
Whaddon Chase branch of Pony Club and Cromwell Group of Endurance GB regularly host Ride Out horse rides from Campbell Park for people who have their own horse/pony. These rides give a choice of course lengths from 4km to 80km. Prior booking essential. Entry fee applies. See our online events calendar for joining and event information.read more
- 13.3 Mile Horse Ride - Starting at Howe Park Wood, Milton Keynes
- 30 Mile Horse Ride Around Milton Keynes
- 7 Mile Horse Ride - Starting at Great Linford Manor, Milton Keynes
- 10 Mile Horse Ride - Starting at Howe Park Wood, Milton Keynes
- 2.3 Mile Horse Ride - Starting at Howe Park Wood, Milton Keynes
- Campbell Park, Willen Lake, Great Linford Manor, Linford Wood - Horse Riding Route
25 Mile Challenge WalkTake part in our 25 Mile Challenge Walk...
CyclingThe young and energetic city of Milton Keynes is a cyclist’s paradise waiting to be discovered. With rides to suit both leisure and more serious cyclists, you can mountain bike on challenging trails or take the family to explore the beautiful lakes and parkland.
RunningClick for more information on running...
2018 What's on GuideDownload a copy of our latest What's on guide