Help students learn about habitats and how important they are for animals.
The aim of the activities is to provide students knowledge about:
- Understanding the different types of habitats that are found both around the world and in the UK
- Discovering the needs of different animals and how habitats can meet these
- Learning how humans have an impact on habitats and how we can help animals
The learning doesn't stop there, as there are crafting activities that help students visualise different animals’ habitats, these are: Learn how to make a nest box for birds, a mini pond and a terrific terrarium.
There are also colouring in page activities of badgers and waterfowls in their natural habitat for students to enjoy!
Documents are suitable for all Primary ages with adaptations listed where necessary.
Explore our other Primary School Resources
- Plants & TreesLearn all about plant structures, life cycles and identification with our activity ideas and Tree ID guide.
- River ExplorersUse our resources to help develop your class’ language and understanding of the features of rivers.
- The Birds and The BeesLearn the basics of animal reproduction, including life cycles and growth
- HibernationEducate students about the animals that hibernate and why and when they do it