Boat Hire Staff
- Apply online
- Expiry date:19 March 2020
- Location:Willen Lake
- Salary:Up to £9.30 per hour
About the role
Boat Hire Staff
£7.50 - £9.30 per hour dependent on age, casual working (March - October 2020)
Willen Lake, V10 Brickhill Street, Milton Keynes, MK15 0DS
- Ensure that Hire services at Willen Lake create an enjoyable and safe experience for all visitors.
- Help to maintain a high standard of presentation at Willen Lake.
- Provide a high profile and visible presence at Willen Lake including weekends, bank holidays and school holidays.
- Provide excellent customer service and uphold working procedures in order to enable park users to enjoy Willen Lake safely.
- Ensure that equipment and facilities are maintained to a high standard.
- Take a proactive role in providing excellent customer service for the Hire operation.
- Liaise with the Hire Supervisor, to ensure safe operation of the Hire services at Willen Lake
- Liaise with Reception staff to ensure correct allocation of equipment and regularly assess supply/demand to ensure an excellent customer experience.
- Carry out hire safety checks for customers on the land, pontoons and on the water. Conducting any action needed and/or escalating to a member of the Senior Management Team.
- Ensure that any accidents and incidents are reported on the relevant forms when they occur.
- Ensure equipment is checked prior to use and is in a safe condition to hire.
- To keep all hire equipment in a clean and usable condition.
- Ensure that any defective equipment is reported to a senior member of staff.
- To always maintain a professional and courteous attitude towards work, other staff members and customer.
- Ensure cash handling procedures are correct to our procedures.
- To adhere to the Watersports Centre cleaning process in all areas
Experience and skills
- Outgoing, calm and engaging personality
- Self-motivated, organised and confident
- Experience of working with the public eg. in a customer focused role
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to respond positively when working under pressure
- First aid qualification
- Full clean Driving Licence
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 / Safety Boat
- Knowledge/experience of waterside operations
This job description represents the usual duties and requirements of the position, however, the job holder may be required to carry out other duties in line with their capability, training and level of authority. The company reserves the right to change the job description in consultation with the post holder. The job description does not form part of the Contract of Employment.
Can't see the ideal job? Why not send us your details anyway, so we can keep you in mind in the future?Send us your details