The Parks Trust is an independent charity that cares for over 6,000 acres of parkland and green space in Milton Keynes. This includes the river valleys, ancient woodlands, lakesides, parks and landscaped areas alongside the main roads that represent 25% of the city and we continue to take ownership of additional areas of green space as Milton Keynes expands.
In most places parks are owned and managed by the local authority, but the city’s founders wanted to be sure that such a unique green landscape would be managed and protected forever, without having to compete for funds with other council priorities. So, The Parks Trust was created in 1992 to care for most of the city’s green space and was endowed with a substantial property and investment portfolio. The income from this portfolio pays for the vital work of nurturing and enhancing the landscape. We are entirely self-financing.
"To create beautiful and inspirational parks, lakes and landscapes that will be loved by the people of Milton Keynes, forever."
At The Parks Trust we are:
- We safeguard the land and the environment for future generations
- We take personal pride in whatever we do
- We take ownership for our decisions
- We are always open and honest
- We form relationships that allow us to share expertise, listen and learn
- We work together as one cohesive team