How To Make a Weather Station
Watch the video above to find out how to make a weather station with Laura from our Outdoor Learning team.
What you will need:
- Marker pen
- Pencil with an eraser
- Long drawing pin
- Drinking straw
- Plasticine/modelling clay/blu-tack or similar
- An empty plastic bottle (2 litre fizzy drink bottle would be ideal)
- Jelly (3 or 4 cubes made up as directed)
- Sticky tape (not essential)
- Carrier bag cut into strips/ribbon
- Compass (you could use Google Earth to work out the orientation if you don’t have a compass)
- Thermometer if available
Download the worksheet for full instructions and an example weather record sheet to input your findings.