How To Make a Weather Station
Watch the video above to find out how to make a weather station with Laura from our Outdoor Learning team.
What you will need:
- Marker pen
- Pencil with an eraser
- Long drawing pin
- Drinking straw
- Plasticine/modelling clay/blu-tack or similar
- An empty plastic bottle (2 litre fizzy drink bottle would be ideal)
- Jelly (3 or 4 cubes made up as directed)
- Sticky tape (not essential)
- Carrier bag cut into strips/ribbon
- Compass (you could use Google Earth to work out the orientation if you don’t have a compass)
- Thermometer if available
Download the worksheet for full instructions and an example weather record sheet to input your findings.
Don't forget to share your results with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram @theparkstrust.