Teach your toddler some woodworking skills safely. See if they can make a powerful wizard’s wand!
What you will need:
- A vegetable peeler (Y shaped is best for little hands)
- Colourful yarn or pipe cleaners
- Have a wander around for a wand-sized stick - one that will fit nicely into your toddlers hand.
- Help them peel the bark off the bottom 1/3 of the stick with the vegetable peeler. This has become the handle of the wand.
- Decorate by wrapping around bits of yarn or pipe cleaners if you’d like!
- Make sure both you and your toddler have a wand, now you can play a fun version of hide and seek casting spells on one another once you’ve been found!
Don't forget to let us know how you get on via social media on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram @theparkstrust.
Discover our parks
Howe Park Wood
How to get hereShow on Google MapsWillen Lake South
How to get hereShow on Google MapsLinford Wood
How to get hereShow on Google MapsAshland Lakes
How to get here
/// tooth.pitch.viewShow on Google MapsGreat Linford Manor Park
How to get hereShow on Google Maps
Nature inspired activities and resources which you can do at home or in your local parks.
New café operator at Willen LakeWe're excited to welcome 'Change Please' to Willen Lake Bar & Kitchen from Wednesday 29th March.
The Hine Spring's Inspirational PoemMark Niels inspired poem, 'The People's Spring', has found its home at the Hine Spring in Great Linford Manor Park.
Wildlife blog: Breeding season beginsPlay your part in protecting Milton Keynes' wildlife by keeping dogs on leads whilst exploring the city's ancient woodlands.
Keep Up To Date
© 2023 The Parks Trust, All rights reserved. Campbell Park Pavilion, 1300 Silbury Bvd, Milton Keynes MK9 4AD, UK, T: 01908 233600Milton Keynes Parks Trust is a registered charity: Charity No. 1007183 and is a Company registered in England and Wales with Company No. 2519659
- 01908 233600
- The Parks Trust
- Campbell Park Pavillion
- 1300 Silbury Boulevard
- Campbell Park
- Milton Keynes
- MK9 4AD