Great Linford Manor Park Celebration Event Various dates available, click the Book Now button to see more
Great Linford Manor Park Celebration Event
This event is in the past. This page is for information purposes only.
Join us in celebrating the end of the National Lottery Heritage Funded restoration works at Great Linford Manor Park on Saturday 18th September 2021!
To celebrate both the end of the building works and Heritage Open Days 2021, we're teaming up with Milton Keynes Arts Centre, St. Andrew's Church and the Friends of Great Linford Manor Park to bring you a jam-packed day of activities for all the family.
The event runs from 12-6pm. One ticket admits one person.
- Hands-on making activities for adults and children with Milton Keynes Arts Centre. Pre-booking is required for these activities. Click here to book.
- Explore St. Andrew's medieval parish church and visit the Friends of Great Linford Manor Park Textile Project and Historic Women exhibitions.
- 'Horrible Heritage' guided walks with the Friends of Great Linford Manor Park in full costume (some walks can be pre-booked: Click here to book).
- Enjoy live music and talks from expert historians and performers throughout the afternoon.
- Tuck in to food from some of Milton Keynes' tastiest vendors: Saf's Kitchen - Award-winning Punjabi street food (including veggie, vegan and gluten free options), Taco Shack - Mexican street food (including veggie, vegan and gluten free options), The Little Oven of Joy - Neapolitan style wood fired pizzas (including veggie, vegan and gluten free options), Fung's Kitchen - family-run business selling homemade Chinese food, Waffles on Wheels - freshly baked-to-order Belgian waffles, homemade cakes, teas & coffees from St. Andrew's Church.
- A chance to look around the new Community Trip Boat, Electra.
- Market stalls from local businesses and community groups.
Refreshments and children's activities are available throughout the day. To ensure everyone feels welcome, please only bring well-behaved dogs on leads. Toilets are available including accessible.
Paths in the park are wheelchair and buggy friendly, but some elements of the event are on grassed areas. Contact email@example.com for more information. Milton Keynes Arts Centre has partial wheelchair access. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. St. Andrew's Church has a disabled access ramp but floors inside the church are uneven. Accessible parking is available on site.
The main event runs from 12-6pm across Great Linford Manor Park. Other Heritage Open Day activities at Great Linford Manor Park are available on Friday 17th September and Sunday 19th September (pre-booking is required) and at our other parks throughout the festival.
Photo credit: Cat Lane photography.