Great Linford Manor Park Celebration Event 18/09/2021
Great Linford Manor Park Celebration Event
Join us in celebrating the end of the National Lottery Heritage Funded restoration works at Great Linford Manor Park on Saturday 18th September 2021!
To celebrate both the end of the building works and Heritage Open Days 2021, we're teaming up with Milton Keynes Arts Centre, St. Andrew's Church and the Friends of Great Linford Manor Park to bring you a jam-packed day of activities for all the family.
The event runs from 12-6pm. One ticket admits one person.
- Take part in hands-on making activities with Milton Keynes Arts Centre and their team of artist leaders within the ceramic studio, art room and Open Garden spaces. Pre-booking is required for these activities. Click here to book.
- Explore St. Andrew's medieval parish church on a tour with volunteers, visit the Textile Project exhibition and pick up a slice of homemade cake.
- Discover the newly restored parkland and its history on a 'Horrible Heritage' guided walks with the Friends of Great Linford Manor Park in full costume (some walks can be pre-booked: click here to book now).
- Enjoy live music and talks from expert historians and performers throughout the afternoon.
- Tuck in to food from some of Milton Keynes' tastiest vendors.
Refreshments and children's activities are available throughout the day. To ensure everyone feels welcome, please only bring well-behaved dogs on leads. Toilets are available including disabled.
Paths in the park are wheelchair and buggy friendly, but some elements of the event are on grassed areas. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Milton Keynes Arts Centre has partial wheelchair access. Contact email@example.com for more information. St. Andrew's Church has a disabled access ramp but floors inside the church are uneven. Disabled parking is available on site.
The main event runs from 12-6pm across Great Linford Manor Park. Other Heritage Open Day activities at Great Linford Manor Park are available on Friday 17th September and Sunday 19th September (pre-booking is required) and at our other parks throughout the festival.
Photo credit: Cat Lane photography.