World Wetlands Day
Floodplain Forest Nature ReserveSaturday 03 February (other dates available)
This event is in the past. This page is for information purposes only.
This year we are hosting a special event to mark the World Wetlands Day celebrations. This event will take place on Saturday 3rd February at the scenic Floodplain Forest Nature Reserve.
Come along to learn about the species that make it a unique place and discover why wetlands are so important to maintaining a healthy ecosystem and the positive impact they have on our environment.
Visitors will be able to take part in guided walks, meet our volunteers, speak to biodiversity experts, take part in nature-based activities, and get a closer look at some of the species that call the floodplain home. The bird hides will be themed, with one for bird watching, another to tell people about the heritage of the site and one for children's crafts.
All are welcome at this free event. We hope to see you there!
- 10:00-1:30: The Bird Hides will have craft activities, bird spotting, and information about Floodplain Forest (Viaduct Hide - Bird Watching and ID, Farm Hide - Heritage of Site, Iron Trunk Hide - Family activities)
- 10:15-10:30: Intro to heritage of Floodplain Forest
- 10:30 -11:10: Wonderful Wetland Wildlife walk and talk
- 11:00-11:15: Intro to heritage of Floodplain Forest
- 11:40-12:20: Wonderful Wetland Wildlife walk and talk
- 12:00-12:15: Intro to heritage of Floodplain Forest
- 12:50 – 1:30: Wonderful Wetland Wildlife walk and talk
- 1:00 – 1:15: Intro to heritage of Floodplain Forest
Facilities & Accessibility
Please note that there is a ten-minute walk from the car park to the Floodplain. There is an accessible path around the Floodplain, but it may be wet and muddy in places and there is a slope down to the site and back up to the car park. Please wear shoes and clothing suitable for the weather as the event is outdoors. There are no toilet facilities on site, but we hope that there will be a stall to get coffee/tea. A hearing loop is available on request. Please contact us if you have any accessibility concerns.
Free parking is available at Manor Farm Court, MK12 5NN. What3Word location: club.darts.squeaking. There is a large car park near the manor house, and a smaller one at the entrance to the park. Please note, if the car parks are full, do not park on the access road.